Fuel prices are on the rise all the time but saving fuel in your car doesn’t have to mean spending big on a super-economical hybrid or a zero emissions electric vehicle. You can instantly improve your current car’s fuel economy by as much as 10% with these green driving tips. Fuel is expensive stuff and getting costlier but most motorists know that already. The filling station price boards and those swirling numbers on the fuel pumps serve as regular painful reminders of the huge wads of cash we’re all incinerating in our cars. But that’s not even the half of it. Burning petrol and diesel costs the planet as well. The more we burn, the more CO2 is pumped into the atmosphere in combination with a cocktail of other harmful emissions that do nobody much good.
The obvious answer to the cost of fuel, both on our pockets and the environment, is to use less of it. Here are our top tips on how to save fuel simply and affordably. Let us know how you get on in the comments section below. Our Top Fuel Saving Tips Dramatically improve your MPG by following these fuel saving tips on a daily basis; challenge yourself to constantly improve. You will be amazed at what you can save.
1. Slow Down One of the best ways to save fuel is to simply reduce your speed.
2. Careful Braking Every time you brake, you convert fuel that you have paid for into heat!
3. Planning Plan ahead, watch for traffic; choose the best route, not always the shortest.
4. Use Gravity On a modern vehicle it uses no fuel when your foot is off the accelerator, so take advantage of downhill runs, or approaching a junction; it’s completely free motoring!
5. Accelerate With Care Accelerate smoothly and gently, maintain a constant speed and keep gear changes to a minimum.
6. Top Gear Get into top gear as soon as possible, without labouring the engine as each gear down can cost up to 20% fuel.
7. Switch The Air-con Off Up to 10% fuel saving 8. Keep It Serviced Under-inflated tyres are one of the most commonly ignored causes of poor MPG. A dirty air filter restricts the flow of air into the engine, which harms performance and economy. Use a quality oil.
8. Have a Remap With a diesel engineed vehicle you can significantly improve fuel consumption by having a remap. But don’t take our word for it, try it for 30-days under our no quibble money-back guarantee.
9. Save Fuel With an Autotech Remap Don’t believe in outlandish fuel saving claims, these simply won’t happen! Fact is that no one has a miracle cure or gadget to save both your pocket and the planet, BUT when you have an Autotech ECO Remap you can experience substantial fuel savings and these days, every little really does help. Realistically, most turbo-diesel vehicles can see a 10-15% fuel saving from the remap alone. BUT, when combined with a change in driving style to take full advantage of the extra torque and driveability, then much more is possible. However, use the extra power, drive hard and convert all the extra power into acceleration or higher speed and savings will be minimal – however you will have fun!